Wednesday, May 20, 2009

More Race Recap from the Weekend Part 1

Lots & lots of results from Tour De Syracuse -- basically 4 sets (crit, TT, RR, & GC). The Ommegangsters represented fairly well throughout the various categories with some top 5 and top 10 results sprinkled in. Full set of results at http://tourdesyracuse.com/. Tough luck award again to Eric G who was likely podium bound until a double flat in the RR.

Observations from EG on the weekend: From my perspective SCARR-OMMEGANG was well represented at the Tour de Syracuse. Things I remember from the weekend include watching Greg D. battle a strong and very experienced field in Biblical conditions during the crit. After the downpouring rain and high winds I expected to see the race overtaken by a swarm of hungry locust's. I remember seeing Dan the Plan pulling his field around the crit course lap after lap. I remember Skinny taking a shot at the Cat 4 crit title with about 3.5 laps to go and wishing I had been in a position to go with him. Skinny was strong the entire race. I remember almost throwing up after the TT. Then I remember watching the last 1/3 of the Cat 4 RR from the back of the wheel van. From that vantage point I was able to watch Skinny, Cory P., and AJ battle the surviving CAT 4 field. At some point there was some sort of incident and the pack scattered left and right and then I saw AJ do a cyclocross remount at 25 mph without skipping a beat. Strangest Moment: Seeing Rob as a professional, competent, organized, and in charge official. I thought for sure with the large audiences at hand that he would take the opportunity to demonstrate the latest trends in personal grooming techniques. Funniest Moment: Kevin thinking he had missed the start of the Cat 4 RR flying through the start line in a full sprint while the 50+ cat 4 riders sat at the starting line asking each other WTF was that ???

No comments:

Post a Comment