Friday, September 11, 2009

Big Indian Epic RR Recap -- Aug 29


The Red Rooster Race Director Reports:
We had a total of 17 racers
preregister. Probably
would have had 10-20 more
if the weather wasn't
going to be what it was.
12 showed to race. Small,
but a good way to get our
feet wet (no pun) here
in the Catskills.

Drumm emailed me telling
me there is a 88.4% chance he'd be here. I took this
as a definitely not, but late hours the night before,
Drumm signed up. Honestly I thought he was nuts. I
imagined him and maybe 2 other lunatics showing to race
in the rain. Surprisingly, 12 showed.

We had a great race. A little drizzle in the beginning,
but then nothing for almost the whole race. The course
was grueling and despite all of my anxiety, no one was
killed on the steep 1.5 mile dirt descent.

Ends up Drumm came in 4th overall. The three that came
ahead were super strong riders, pulling off on a breakaway
at mile 7 and staying away till the end. First place
finished almost 3 minutes ahead of the other two (Did
I say super strong?) Everyone raced incredibly well
considering the weather and the course. Not one bad
word about the course, in fact, the racers
loved it. Many said they can't wait for next year.

Wish more of you could have made it. Next year, I hope
you do. I know it's far, but between Syracuse,
Cooperstown, and the Catskills, we can really get
some cool things going.


M

No comments:

Post a Comment